Aims & Ethos
At Langwith Bassett Community Primary School we aim to provide teaching and learning which reflects all children's learning styles. We pride ourselves on providing a creative, wide and varied curriculum for all our children where achievement (in all its forms) is celebrated.
Together we will:
- foster self esteem, enjoyment and happiness, in a stimulating, safe, secure environment
- make the most of opportunities to engage in inspiring learning
- be united as a team in our warm and welcoming community
- nurture enterprising, resilient children, who grow into independent citizens, making a positive contribution to society
- celebrate diversity and treat others with tolerance and mutual respect
- aspire to excellence and be determined to be successful in all that we do
At Langwith Bassett Community Primary School we know that Literacy and Numeracy are fundamental life skills. We endeavor to ensure that children leave our school as individuals who are:
- confident, independent, enthusiastic and expressive readers
- clear, fluent and confident speakers
- attentive, open-minded and enquiring listeners
- imaginative, neat and accurate writers who have embraced the enjoyment of writing and a have a recognition of its value
- able to use and appreciate number as a skill for everyday life
Our school curriculum is balanced, broadly based and relevant to all the needs of all our children. Our curriculum embodies the requirements of the national curriculum and prepares all our children for their next steps in learning and the challenge of life in modern Britain.