Sports Premium Statement
Sports Premium Funding
At Langwith Bassett we are investing £1,300 of our funding in affiliating to the Bolsover District Council School Sport Partnership (BDSSP). BDSSP is passionate about improving the lives of young people, by providing opportunities through Physical Education and Sport. BDSSP will provide a core package to support the school in;
- Continuous professional development for staff.
- Inclusion training and support as part of a CPD calendar.
- Curriculum support for teachers and leaders.
- PE and School Sport Audit.
- Level 1 School Games (intra-school) support.
- Provides a pathway for 12 sports at KS2 to link to level 3 School Games event.
- Membership of the Derbyshire School Sports Association.
- Entry to the Champion School programme.
Leadership & Volunteering
- Mini Leader programme - training /mentoring.
Club & Community Links
- Signposting to local clubs through competition programme.
- Sport specific support.
Talent Identification & Development
- Rising Stars talent programme.
- Pupil and Parent workshops.
- A coordinated approach to developing the playground to enable as many pupils as possible to be as active as possible.
- Bikeability programme (Y5&6).
- Balanceability programme (KS1).
- Change 4 Life / Physical Activity Hub programme.
- Golden Mile Physical Activity training and support.
- Support for schools to achieve School Games Kitemark for PE and Sport.
- Sharing of good practice through regular PLT/Headteacher meetings at cluster and SSP level (min 3 per year).
- School Partnership Conference (KS1 event).
- Youth Sport Trust introductory membership.
- Governor briefings.
For further details of our sports premium funding please click:
here - to access the sports leader’s report to the Governing Board January 2017
here - to access our sports premium plan for the academic year 2016-2017
here - to access our evaluated sports premium plan for the academic year 2015-2016.
here - to access the interim sports provision impact statement for the academic year 2015-2016.